Positive Health: Creating a Thriving Population, Healthy Doctors, and a Robust Health Economy
by Marsha W. Snyder, others
Table of Contents
- Why Positive Health and This Curriculum?
- Health Assets: The Building Blocks of Positive Health
- Introduction to Positive Psychology and Flourishing. Guest Author: Thomas Heffner, MAPP.
- Positive Fitness and Movement Guest Author: Dr. Elaine T. O’Brien, Temple University
- Positive Nutrition Guest author: Lori Lorditch, RD, LDN.
- Identifying and Building Strengths: Your Solid Foundation
- Meaning and Purpose Co-authored by: Dr. Barry Heermann and Dr. Marsha Snyder
- Positive Relationships: An Essential Part of Health and Flourishing
- Positive Emotions and Thriving
- Post-traumatic and Post-ecstatic Growth Guest author: Judith Mangelsdorf, MAPP.—Max Planck Institute, Berlin, Germany
- Spirituality and Wellbeing: Important for Both Doctor and Patient
- Mindfulness and Character Strengths in Health Guest Author: Dr. Ryan Niemiec— VIA Institute for Character Strengths
- The Spirited Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team Co-authors: Dr. Barry Heermann and Dr. Marsha Snyder
- Concluding Thoughts and Hopes
The book will be available in 2014. If you would like to be notified when it’s available please contact Dr. Snyder.